- The Food Corporation of India is targeting a major move from bag storage to bulk storage in steel silos facilitated with connected railway infrastructure and dedicated corridors for efficient mass handling of grains in both procurement and deficit zones.
- They intend to rapidly develop these modern food storage silos through a public private partnership model.
- This formed the basis for the emergence of our Coimbatore based start-up Leap India Food & Logistics promoted by the PSGG family, which is today the 3rd largest developer of silos storage in the country
- Besides Creating Storage infrastructure, PFT and 3rd party logistics hubs, the company is also looking at economic inclusions. As part of our mandate, the company is also rolling out skill development schools and technical knowledge centres aimed at developing the economies of the local communities.
- Leap India Food & Logistics has won 9 FCI bids so far to Build and operate Modern Silos across India.
- The Promoters are from the PSGG Family, a 100-year old reputed business house in India with various philanthropic and commercial interests.
- The company has a strong management team and experienced advisory board to spearhead its vision.
- The promoting group also runs various businesses across Power, Textiles, Information Technology & Engineering Products and has close to USD $ 1 Billion of Investments from Marquee Investors & Banks.